THE GRAN CANARIA MARATHON AND RESPECT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
The organizing committee have the ambition of achieving an environmentally friendly marathon. To do this, they will carry out some measures designed to increase the environmental awareness of all those people involved in the event.
As well as a major new national and international sporting event, we want the marathon to be an environmental event, based on respect for the environment, and a sustainable sporting event.
- Containers for the collection of the products provided by the organisers (bottles, fruit, etc.) will be distributed along the length of the course, and in greater numbers at the aid stations, sponge stations and cheering points.
- The bags containing the runners’ goodie bags will be made from biodegradable plastic.
- Information panels reminding the participants and spectators of the Gran Canaria Marathon about the importance of respecting the environment will be placed along the length of the course.
- The organizers will make use of environmentally-friendly vehicles.
- Eco-environmental messages will be sent by email to all of those registered for the Gran Canaria Marathon.
- Eco-environmental messages will be broadcasted over the loudspeakers at the start and finish line.
» More information at: www.laspalmasgc.es